One of the things that I noticed at this critique was how many interpretations of this project there were. I personally made a landscape, while some people made interiors and others had entirely abstract images. There was also a wide variation in palettes.
The pieces that I found most successful for this project had a simple palette, with only a few colors, and then either black or white. People had such complex ideas that I felt too much color became distracting. In my own case, I wish I had made the blue more vibrant, or at least increased the opacity of each component so it held the eye better. Part of the difficulty with that may have come from the imbalanced yellow in the monitor, as it did alter my colors and seemingly wash out my piece as a result.
Something that I hadn't thought about before the critique was the background color upon presenting. We sent the images into full screen, which changed the background color to black. As the background of my actual image was black as well, it was indistinguishable apart from where the blue was. Had I had a grey presentation surface, I feel that my piece would have been better displayed.
No comments:
Post a Comment