Monday, December 10, 2012

Gallery Pt. 1

For this assignment, every individual in the class had to take a picture of themselves. We were then given all of these photographs and instructed to alter and batch process them. While starting with images of people, the final product did not have to still convey a person's image.

We used Photoshop to manipulate the images for this project. I chose to leave the pictures in their initial dimensions and play with the colors instead, as I already knew how to change the size of an image. I started working with my own image, and used the levels to change the colors. I then used "posterize," because I liked the aesthetic it provided. I don't know what the actual purpose of the posterize tool is, but it worked for what I was doing. After figuring out what I wanted to do for this project, I closed out of Photoshop, then reopened my image and replicated my process while saving it as an action. I then batch processed out of the folder on my desktop, and ran into a problem.

What I had forgotten to do was save my own image twice - once in the folder and once on the desktop. Since I worked off of the image in the folder initially, it ended up applying my action twice, with the result of my image looking drastically different from the rest of the gallery. This, however, was easily rectified, as I just deleted the image from the folder, processed it again on it's own, and then added it to the folder.

The final step was to go into Adobe Bridge to create a flash gallery of these images to show to the class. I chose one of the basic gallery layouts, and didn't do much to change it. All I did was input my name, and change the background to black. As most of my images were white and blue, I thought the black served to best contrast them and make them stand out from the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment