My first ad features the fan brush central on the bottom half of the page, with the fan in the middle of the page. It is tones of yellow and blue, so I chose to continue with the variations of primary colors. My company name went above the fan brush, filling the top of the page. It says REDO in all capital letters, in a font called "birth of a hero." This font had been previously downloaded onto the computer I was working at, but was very beneficial for me. It is a sans serif font that looks as though it has been subjected to splatter painting. As my company has to do with painting, it fits nicely. I then used a stock sans serif font, also in all capitals, to do my tag line at the bottom of the advertisement. My tag line is "Redesigning your house? We do the dirty work." As it is two phrases, it was easiest to put one on each side of the paint brush handle, making it symmetrical. REDO is in black, to match the handle of the brush and to draw attention. The tag line is in a muted red, to continue the primary colors and add variation.
Finally, we were required to include a texture. In order to make the texture, I rescanned my fan brush, but instead of laying it flat I propped the scanner open and brushed the tip of the brush into it. This emphasized the fan effect, which I then bit map traced. Taking the resulting image, I put it into photoshop and reduced the transparency, layering it over itself repeatedly. I finally made the background a faded shade of the same red I used for the tag line, and placed it in InDesign as the background.
My second ad is also for REDO, but has two copies of the fan brush, which make an "X" in the middle of the page. The company name is centered at the bottom of the advertisement, this time in a serif font with a period following it. I used the color picker tool to select a grey out of the paint brush image, which I then used for all of the text in this advertisement. The tag line remained the same as the first advertisement, but each phrase is on a path mimicking the top of the paintbrushes. The background is white and there is no texture included, as I could not find a way to include it without detracting from the advertisement.
No comments:
Post a Comment