One thing that was noted at this critique was that my advertisements are both very simple, graphic, and to the point. There is no extraneous, distracting detail, but that was my intention, so I took this to be a compliment. It was also noted that a fan brush is not typically used for house painting, so it was a little confusing at first. I had taken this into consideration when developing my advertisements, and chose to continue with the brush because I liked the shape of it, but I can understand this complaint. If I had access to a roller to scan, I probably would have used that so it made more sense, but I did not.
In my second advertisement, I included punctuation after the name of the company, something that I had omitted in my first advertisement. This made it sound like a command or a directive rather than a name, which I found humor in. There is nothing about that directive that could cause someone offense, but it does make you stop and think, which is not a bad thing when it comes to an advertisement. The more time someone spends thinking about the advertisement, the more likely they are to remember it later on.
Some of the ads that my classmates made were clearly directed towards different audiences. Alanna's advertisements were for a clutch, but the two advertisements would have appealed toward very different people. One was more elegant, appealing to an older, more mature audience. The other one was on a black background, with black and white text and images. It was bold and eye catching, which I and my classmates could have seen in a magazine such as Seventeen, aimed towards preteenagers and teenagers.
I treated my advertisement as a universal advertisement, partially because of the nature of the company I chose to convey. However, had I had a specific audience in mind for each ad, I probably would have changed the way I did them. Additionally, were I to do these advertisements again, I probably would have found some way to include a website URL or some type of contact information.
No comments:
Post a Comment